Wednesday, January 14, 2009

01/14/09

Superman is doing really good today! hehe My friend Jamie came up with that and I think it's the cutest thing!

Here are some updates on our little man: Adam is eating 15 cc's of milk per feeding. He also had an IV that was in his foot, but the nurses decided to move it to his hand. He was getting lipids thru this IV but since he is getting a good amount of milk, the doctor decided that little man did not need the IV anymore! :)

Suzie got to do the "kangaroo hug" with Adam today. This is where he lies on her bare skin to his skin, which is soothing for him instead of him being wrapped in the blanket. A white knit hat is placed on his head and a pre-warmed blanket is placed on his back to help keep him warm. Suzie was scared to do this to him, but his nurse said "as long as his STATS are good it is good to hold him", even though he is so little she said "Its not only good for him, but good for you". :)

Adam can hear his Mommy's heartbeat, smell her scent and even listen to her voice closely. Suzie was able to hold him for about 25 minutes.

Adams results are in from this weeks brain scan; however, Suz was not able to get the results. Hopefully the doctor will update her tomorrow.

His tummy gets upset sometimes and spits up a little, which is normal for all babies , but thanks God he usually digests all that is feed to him. Also, Suzie got to take his temperature today, he was a little fidgety but he handled it okay, the thermometer goes under his underarm. He has a very light cry and Suzie says it is so cute but it breaks her heart to hear it. He cried today because he was in a deep sleep and someone woke him up. hehe

Suzie says, "he likes to hold my finger and squeeze, thanks God he has a tight grip". :)

He is on about 3 liters of vapor-therm, this is put in his oxygen. The vapor-therm helps his chest expand and makes it easier for him to breath on his own. He seems to sleep better on his stomach, this is because when he lies on his back he has to work harder at taking a breath and when he sleeps on his chest it seems to relieve the pressure.

Here are some pictures Grandma took of the little munchkin!

[Click Image to View Full Size]

2 comments:

  1. Jack and Family,

    I feel so blessed to be included in your family loop. Adam is truly a beautiful little guy and appears to be do so very well with all the love, care and prayers he is receiving. So you know, I am an e-Bay friend of Jack's. I feel as if I have known you all along. Somewhere along the line, I believe we have become kindred spirits and I treasure the connection. Know that my eternal thoughts and prayers are with you all and I only want the absolute best for everyone involved.

    Sally Randall
    Carsonville, MI
    http://myjourneyhome-sally.blogspot.com/
    (Sorry that it is not up to date!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Kangaroo Hug' is so special. I used to do the same thing with all three of my kids as babies. I told anyone who asked, that I was soaking up my daily dose of "Vitamin Baby" so that I didn't run short when I had to be away. I also saw it as an opportunity for my kids to be able to soak up "Vitamin Mom" at the same time. Call it what you will. It will always be so very special to me.

    ReplyDelete